Department of Electrical Engineering - Systems
University of Southern California
Los Angeles, CA
Advisor: Antonio Ortega
- Random Retrieval Methods
- 3D Compression
- Image Compression
- Image/Video Artifact Correction
- Pseudocolor Display Algorithm
- Sep. 2005-present: University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- Ph.D. student, Department of Electrical Engineering-Systems
- Sep. 2002-June 2004: Stanford University, Stanford, CA
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, Department of Electrical Engineering
- Sep. 1996-July. 2000: Xi’an Jiaotong University (XJTU), Xi’an, China
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Department of Electrical Engineering
- Qualcomm: Jun 2004 –Aug. 2005
- China Mobile: July 2000-Aug. 2002
- Zihong Fan, Antonio Ortega, “Wavelet-based redundant representation for efficient random access of volumetric images”. In Review for IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP'2010).
- Zihong Fan, Antonio Ortega, “Optimization of Overlapped Tiling for Efficient 3D Image Retrieval”. In Proc. of IEEE Data Compression Conference (DCC), Snowbird, UT, March 2010.
- Zihong Fan, Antonio Ortega, “Overlapped tiling for fast random access of 3-D datasets”. In Proc. of IEEE Data Compression Conference (DCC), Snowbird, UT, March 2009.
- Zihong Fan and Antonio Ortega, “Overlapping tiling for fast random access of lowdimensional data from high-dimensional datasets”. In Proc. of SPIE Multimedia Content Access: Algorithms and Systems III, San Jose, CA, Jan. 2009.
- Zihong Fan, “A brief analysis of third generation mobile communication techniques”. In Modern Electronic Technique, Vol.130, No.11, ISSN 1004 – 373X, 2001.
- Zihong Fan, Xinmin Luo, and Yan Han, “The evolution and study of service for china mobile communication”. In Communications World, Vol.55, No.31, ISSN 1009-1564, 2001.
- Zihong Fan, Xinmin Luo, and Zhiqiang Li, “The theory and practice of GSM network optimization”. In Radio Engineering of China, Vol.150, No.11, ISSN 1003-3106, 2001.