Difference between revisions of "Signal Transformation, Analysis and Compression Group"
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
<li> Roger Pique
<li> Roger Pique
<li> Hsinyi (Ivy) Tseng,
<li> Hsinyi (Ivy) Tseng,
Revision as of 22:35, 21 July 2005
Compression Research Group
- Graduate Students
- Nazeeh Aranki (JPL), Multispectral image coding
- Ngai Man Cheung
- Alexandre G. Ciancio Distributed Compression Algorithms for Wireless Sensor Networks
- In Suk Chong
- Jae Hoon Kim
- Yoon Hak Kim
- Po-Lin Lai
- Brent McCleary
- Roger Pique
- En-Shuo (Sphinx) Tsau
- Hsinyi (Ivy) Tseng,
- Lavanya Vasudevan, Compression for sensor networks , co-advised with Urbashi Mitra.
- Huisheng Wang, Multiple Description Layered Coding
- Toshio Sakamoto, Japan Patent Office.
- Undergraduate Students
- Sam Bagwell
- Rahul Maini
- Merrick Mosst
- Current Projects
- Application-specific compression
- Distributed source coding
- Multi-view video coding
- Error-tolerant compression
- Signal processing for oil field technology, part of CISOFT
- Analysis of network traces
- Analysis and classification of DNA micro-array data
- Ultra-Wideband Radio Communications lab
- Integrated Media Systems Center
- Old Project pages
- Soft Caching
- Application- and Network-Cognizant Proxies
- Java JPEG decoder using variable complexity IDCT
- Optimized Image Halftoning based on a message passing algorithm - ICIP 2001
- Interpolation After Decoding Algorithm for Bayer Color Filter Array Images
- PhD Alumni (with current affiliation)
- Dr. Liang-Jin Lin, U-lead Inc., Redondo Beach, CA, Video Bit-Rate Control with Spline Approximated Rate-Distortion Characteristics, Feb. 1997.
- Dr. Youngjun Yoo, Texas Instruments, Dallas, TX, Adaptive methods and Fast Rate-Distortion Optmization Techniques for Efficient Quantization May 1998.
- Dr. Chi-Yuan Hsu, Broadcom, San Jose, CA, Rate Control for Video Transmission over Variable Rate Channels May 1998.
- Prof. Woontack Woo, Virtual Reality Lab, Information Systems Dept., Gwangju Instute of Technology, GIST, Korea. Rate-Distortion Based Dependent Coding for Stereo Images and Video: Disparity Estimation and Dependent Bit Allocation Dec. 1998.
- Dr. Christos Chrysafis, ESSTech, Fremont, CA, Wavelet Image Compression: Rate Distortion Optimizations and Complexity Reductions Dec 1999.
- Dr Wenqing Jiang Apple Computer, Cupertino, CA, Contributions to transform coding system implementations Dec. 1999.
- Dr Krisda Lengwehasatit, Packet Video, San Diego, CA Complexity-Distortion Tradeoffs in Image and Video Compression Dec. 1999.
- Dr Raghavendra Singh, IBM Research, Delhi, India, Source level sequence based processing for signal compression and reliable transmission, Summer 2001.
- Dr Zhourong Miao, Sony Research Labs, Santa Clara, CA, Algorithms for Streaming, Caching and Storage of Digital Media, May 2002.
- Prof David W. Pan, University of Alabama, Huntsville, AL, Variable complexity algorithms and adaptive computation control in video coding and communications Aug. 2002.
- Dr. Baltasar Beferull-Lozano Audiovisual Communications Lab, EPFL, Switzerland, Quantization Design for Structured Overcomplete Expansions Sept. 2002.
- Dr. Sang-Yong Lee, Texas Instruments, Dallas, TX, Color processing and rate control for storage and transmission of digital images and video , Jan. 2003.
- Dr. Kemal Demirciler, Eastern Mediterranean University, Cyprus, Contributions to efficient vector quantization and frequency assignment design and implementation, May 2003.
- Dr. Phoom Sagetong, Qualcomm, San Diego, CA, Contributions to Image and Video Coding for Secure and Reliable Communications
- Naveen Srinivasamurthy, Qualcomm, San Diego, CA, Compression for distributed speech recognition (Co-advised with S. Narayanan), Nov. 2003.
- Hua Xie, NASA-JPL, Pasadena, CA, Contributions to content based image retrieval , Sept. 2004.
- Hyukjune Chung, Qualcomm, San Diego, CA, Complexity scalable and robust motion estimation for video compression, Feb. 2005.
Past visitors and MS Students
- Fabio Carignano
- Carlo Torniai
- Jussi Kangasharju
- Lionel Perret
- Yong-Goo Kim
- Hyungsuk Kim
- Paul Fernandez
- Young-Gap Kwon
- Hironori Komi
- Julian Cabrera
- David Comas
- Patrick Kehoe
- Yifan Liu
- Jose Ramon Gimeno
- Marco Fumagalli
- Bae-sy (Brian) Lan
- David Romacho
- Joaquin Lopez (Polytechnic University of Catalonia)
- Dr. Kang-Sun Choi (Korea University)
- Prof. Antonio Navarro (University of Aveiro)
- Jonathan Garcia