See also the Math Genealogy Project page
and the SIPI group webpage in LinkedIn
- Dr. Liang-Jin Lin, Corel Inc., Redondo Beach, CA, Video Bit-Rate Control with Spline Approximated Rate-Distortion Characteristics, Feb. 1997.
- Dr. Youngjun Yoo, Texas Instruments, Dallas, TX, Adaptive methods and Fast Rate-Distortion Optmization Techniques for Efficient Quantization May 1998.
- Dr. Chi-Yuan Hsu, Broadcom, San Jose, CA, Rate Control for Video Transmission over Variable Rate Channels May 1998.
- Prof. Woontack Woo, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), Korea. Rate-Distortion Based Dependent Coding for Stereo Images and Video: Disparity Estimation and Dependent Bit Allocation Dec. 1998.
- Dr. Christos Chrysafis, Google, Mountain View, CA, Wavelet Image Compression: Rate Distortion Optimizations and Complexity Reductions Dec 1999.
- Dr Wenqing Jiang, Broadcom, Sunnyvale, CA, Contributions to transform coding system implementations Dec. 1999.
- Dr Krisda Lengwehasatit, Packet Video, San Diego, CA Complexity-Distortion Tradeoffs in Image and Video Compression Dec. 1999.
- Dr Raghavendra Singh, IBM Research, Delhi, India, Source level sequence based processing for signal compression and reliable transmission, Summer 2001.
- Dr Zhourong Miao, Flixlab, San Jose, CA, Algorithms for Streaming, Caching and Storage of Digital Media, May 2002.
- Prof David W. Pan, University of Alabama, Huntsville, AL, Variable complexity algorithms and adaptive computation control in video coding and communications Aug. 2002.
- Prof. Baltasar Beferull-Lozano Escuela Tecnica Superior de Ingenieria, Universidad de Valencia, Quantization Design for Structured Overcomplete Expansions Sept. 2002.
- Dr. Sang-Yong Lee, Texas Instruments, Dallas, TX, Color processing and rate control for storage and transmission of digital images and video , Jan. 2003.
- Dr. Kemal Demirciler, Eastern Mediterranean University, Cyprus, Contributions to efficient vector quantization and frequency assignment design and implementation, May 2003.
- Dr. Phoom Sagetong, Contributions to Image and Video Coding for Secure and Reliable Communications
- Dr Naveen Srinivasamurthy, Qualcomm, Bangalore, India, Compression for distributed speech recognition (Co-advised with S. Narayanan), Nov. 2003.
- Dr Hua Xie, NASA-JPL, Pasadena, CA, Contributions to content based image retrieval , Sep. 2004.
- Dr Hyukjune Chung, Qualcomm, San Diego, CA, Complexity scalable and robust motion estimation for video compression, Feb. 2005.
- Dr. Alexandre G. Ciancio, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distributed Wavelet Compression Algorithms for Wireless Sensor Networks , Aug. 2006.
- Dr Huisheng Wang, Google, Mountain View, CA Algorithms for scalable and network-adaptive video coding and transmission , Aug. 2007.
- Dr Nazeeh Aranki, NASA-JPL, Pasadena, CA Practical implementations of the wavelet transform and hyperspectral data compression on reconfigurable platforms: approach, methodology and practical considerations , Aug. 2007.
- Prof Yoon Hak Kim, Chosun University, Gwangju, Korea, Distributed Algorithms for Source Localization Using Quantized Sensor Readings , Aug. 2007.
- Prof Ngai-Man Cheung, Singapore University of Technology and Design, Singapore Distributed Source Coding for Image and Video Applications , May 2008.
- Dr Jae Hoon Kim, Apple, Cupertino, CA, Predictive Coding Tools in Multi-view video compression , Aug. 2008.
- Dr Po-Lin Lai, Mediatek, USA, Focus Mismatch Compensation and Complexity Reduction Techniques for Multiview video coding , May 2009.
- Prof. Roger Pique-Regi, Center for Molecular Medicine and Genetics, School of Medicine, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, Sparse representation models and applications to Bioinformatics, Aug. 2009.
- Dr In Suk Chong, Qualcomm, San Diego, CA Error Tolerant Multimedia Compression System , Dec. 2009.
- Dr. Brent McCleary, Raytheon, Digital Imaging System Testing and Design Using Physical Sensor Characteristics , Dec. 2009.
- Dr Godwin Shen, Northrop-Grumman Lifting Transforms on Graphs: Theory and Applications , Aug. 2010.
- Dr. Kun-Han Lee, Google Investigating Statistical Modeling Approaches for Reservoir Characterization in Waterfloods from Rates Fluctuations , Dec. 2010.
- Dr Hye-Yeon Cheong, Sony Electronics, Error Tolerance Approach for Similarity Search Problems , May 2011.
- Dr Zihong Fan , Google, Interactive Fast Random Access, Retrieval and Navigation of Large Datasets , Aug. 2011.
- Dr Woo-Shik Kim, Qualcomm 3-D Video Coding System with Enhanced Rendered View Quality , Aug. 2011.
- Dr Sean McPherson, Northrop-Grumman Event Based Measurement and Analysis of Internet Network Traffic , Aug. 2011.
- Dr Sunil K. Narang, USC Critically Sampled Wavelet Filterbanks on Graphs , Aug. 2012.
- Lingyan Sheng, Eminent, Inc Novel Algorithms for Large Scale Supervised and One Class Learning , Aug. 2013.