Code Composer Studio v4 Frequently Asked Questions
Below are solutions to some of the commonly encountered problems with CCSv4.
As this is a new and completely different version of CCS the TAs are still learning the software as well. If you don't see your question answered here please email the TAs who will be glad to help and add your question to the pool of knowledge.
Importing Legacy CCS v3.x Projects
The textbook provides many example projects showing the functionality of the board. However, these examples were written for a previous iteration of Code Composer Studio.
Follow these steps to import legacy projects and convert them to the project format of CCSv4:
- Launch CCS and select a workspace.
- Workspaces are used to store your personal projects, so having an individual workspace prevents other groups from modifying your projects.
- Create a workspace other than the default, such as, EE586_Group01 or your name.
- Select Project -> Import Legacy CCSv3.3 Project
- In the Dialog box that appears, browse for the project file that you would like to import and select the Copy projects into workspace radio button. Click Next
- At the next screen select the default Code Generation Tools (already selected). Click Next.
- On the Enable DSP/BIOS Tools screen select Automatically determine DSP/BIOSv5.x support enablement.
- On the Set Advance Options screen do not check the box for using a common root.