Code Composer Studio v4 Frequently Asked Questions
Importing Legacy CCS v3.x Projects
The textbook provides many example projects showing the functionality of the board. However, these examples were written for a previous iteration of Code Composer Studio.
Follow these steps to import legacy projects and convert them to the project format of CCSv4:
- Launch CCS and select a workspace.
- Workspaces are used to store your personal projects, so having an individual workspace prevents other groups from modifying your projects.
- Create a workspace other than the default, such as, EE586_Group01 or your name.
- Select Project -> Import Legacy CCSv3.3 Project
- In the Dialog box that appears, browse for the project file that you would like to import and select the Copy projects into workspace radio button. Click Next
- At the next screen select the default Code Generation Tools (already selected). Click Next.
- On the Enable DSP/BIOS Tools screen select Automatically determine DSP/BIOSv5.x support enablement.
- On the Set Advance Options screen do not check the box for using a common root.